Various ring size systems are used all over the world, and this makes buying a ring online rather tricky.
If you are buying the ring for someone else and you need to find out what size they are, the best way to do this is to measure a ring they already have or to estimate their size and have the ring adjusted at a qualified jeweller if needs be.
Choosing the correct ring size in instances where the ring is for you but you can’t try the ring on for yourself (like when you’re buying one on bidorbuy) is a little easier. Follow these quick steps to determine your ring size.
Steps to finding your ring size
- Make sure your fingers are not swollen from the heat or exercise
- Cut a piece of string
- Wrap the string around the finger where you will wear the ring
- Make sure the string fits well – not too tight or too loose
- Use a marker to draw a line on the string where it completes a circle around your finger
- Measure the length of the string to the mark with a ruler. This is the circumference of the ring
- Now use the converter below to determine your ring size
|CDN. / U.S.||Diameter (mm)||U.K. / South Africa||Circumference (mm)|