With constant service delivery disruptions at the South African Post Office, it is no wonder that bidorbuy were quick to jump on board with Pargo, the convenient solution to parcel delivery in South Africa. Here’s a beginner’s guide to the latest shipping option to be offered on bidorbuy.
What is Pargo?
Pargo is a logistics company that lets you send and receive parcels at designated pick-up points. These designated pick-up points, called Pargo Parcel Points, are located in well-known retail outlets throughout the country. You, the buyer, can collect your parcels at a time that suits you best.
Who created Pargo?
Dutch founders, Lars Veul and Derk Hoekert, became frustrated with the unreliability of parcel delivery in South Africa. With a background in ecommerce, the two decided to create an alternative solution and fill the gap in the market. Pargo began its operations in November 2014, and today has presence in over 500 outlets nationwide.
What are the advantages?
- Competitive shipping cost
- Flexible pick up times: most pick up points are open 24 hours
- Additional delivery option at checkout page
- Buyers save time by combining the collection of a parcel with their daily shopping
- Unique returns solution without the bothersome home collections
- Better access to people in outlying areas
- Safe and convenient
Sellers, make sure to offer the Pargo shipping option to your buyers! Read more in this help article.
Buyers, make use of the Pargo shipping method! Read more in this help article.