Last year, celebrities raised over R56,000 for charities by auctioning off their time on bidorbuy. You can make this, 2010 Celebrities for Charities event a memorable one by placing your bid to:
- Spend a day on shoot with Riaan the DIY Man; lunch and refreshments are included, as well as a photo moment with Riaan.
- Meet and eat with Pieter-Dirk Uys, the man who has dined with princes and heads of state and possesses an intimate knowledge of Evita Bezuidenhout, South Africaâ€™s most famous white woman.
- Join Callie and Monique Strydom for lunch to celebrate their 10 years of freedom and find inspiration in their story of survival, hope and miracles. Plus, you get a one year subscription to Getaway magazine.
- Lunch with the most beautiful woman in the country, Miss South Africa 2010 Nicole Flint and be treated like a royalty during a two-night stay at the exclusive Palace Hotel in Sun City, courtesy of Sun International.
- Meet and break bread with Mr Gossip himself, Gavin Prins (yes, he was the first to write about the notorious Joost video). Get first-hand news on the latest celebrity gossip and watch Gavin in action during a recording of the TV show “Tonge Los”.
- Have lunch with 702 presenter John Robbie, the man who calls a spade a spade… and even takes on police commissioners. You are also invited to visit John during his early morning show in a 702 studio.
All the proceeds from these auctions are for the benefit of participating charities, Papillon Foundation and Matla a Bana; bidorbuy will waive its usual selling commission, which can be up to five percent of the selling price.
More celebrities and charities may join in. In any case, they have done their bit. From 20 to 30 July, it is up to you to show that you care by placing your bid on your favourite celebrities in the Celebrities for Charities auctions.