Learn to tell the real thing from a scam and have a safe and satisfying trading experience on bidorbuy this festive season.
There is always an element of risk when transacting online. While the bidorbuy platform has in place a number of safeguards to eliminate or reduce this risk, both buyers and sellers need to keep themselves informed about the possible dangers and to always exercise due caution.
The bidorbuy Operations Manager Cuan Akal recently participated in Garry Hertzberg’s radio show The Law and You on Chai FM. Listen to the excerpts form the show’s podcast to find out more about:
- What is bidorbuy and how it works
- The bidorbuy buyer protection programme
- The bidorbuy user verification procedure
- How the bidorbuy customer support can help you make the right shopping decision
- What is online identity theft and how to avoid falling prey to it
- What remedies buyers and sellers have if they suffer a loss as a result of fraud
The first part of the radio show, entitled I was scammed by online crooks-Internet fraud and legal recourse, focuses on the experience of one South African businessman who lost R300,000 when he tried to buy raw materials from overseas online (but not on bidorbuy). If you feel you could learn from his mistake, take a listen to the whole podcast.
Whether buying or selling online, learn to tell the real thing from a scam and have a safe and satisfying trading experience on bidorbuy this festive season!